Tuesday 19 April 2011

My latest Hooking project - Wendy's Family Crest pillows

Wendy wanted a surprise for Ryan (Husband) so I started out with a pillow reinvented after a needlework pillow which belonged to Ryan's Aunt I believe and was part of the family crest. 

Wendy provided me with a rather large cardboard mounted copy of the family crest (very detailed) that helped with colours of all the other parts to the crest. 
Zoom'd in on the top of the above crest...
Basis of two of the pillows to be done.

I borrowed the needlepoint pillow on the sly so that Ryan did not know we were doing this little project and did a rug-hooked version of the same pillow.  I finished it off with black piping, button enclosed back so it can be removed and Wendy had some fabric she wanted to use on the back in a charcoal colouring.  Turned out very nice and what a lovely surprise for Ryan in 2009. 

Size is 18"x18"  Pillow insert was from Fabricland about $8 each. 
Photo was taken from my blackberry phone so not very good bit fuzzy.

Stay tuned for the next pillow 2010 for Brennan and then surprise for Devon 2011... and Wendy isn't done yet... :-)  I am having so much fun doing these pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment