Tuesday 26 April 2011

2011 Easter Weekend with my parents - feeling creative

Easter weekend 2011 - Cooper and I had a lovely long weekend with my parents in Southampton!
We were both very very well fed by some great home cooking by both Dad and Mom; and now thanks to Mom I have my creative juices flowing again too!  (Pun on juices to tie into the well fed stream...).

I so enjoyed learning from Jennifer's course on hooked coin purses, I use mine with the owl but found I needed it a little bit longer to accomodate all my cards.  I often just grab it over my little shoulder bag to run into a store and it fits perfectly into my coat pockets.  So this weekend, Mom made her Russian punch needle coin purse and I opted to make a Black one since most of my clothes are black variations :-)

Finished and we are calling it 'Gasper'  as the freehand version on the one side turned out to look like a mad ghost compared with friendly Casper.  I made the purse about 1.5 " longer on both sides.



You can see inside I did a pocket with flap - so I can enclose my license and health cards for the family with a snap and then the other cards go in the 'open' pocket for easy access (hopefully I don't need to have easy access to my license or health cards so using the snap...)!   Cash and coins and interac go in the main pocket too.   

Note to Jen:  I am on to another one to add some flourish with some wool/yarn from Mom's stash too plan to finish this week when I have time... sigh.  Barb!

No comments:

Post a Comment