Tuesday 26 April 2011

My favorite rugs I have hooked... to start off with

Original Design - Footprints - I soooo enjoyed doing this one of the Chantry Island.  It was one of my first real original designs - the wool was dyed or borrowed from Mom's stash.  I was told not to add the Seagull (sculpted it in) but i think it had a great effect! 
(When:  Oct 1999 from Chantry School)



Rittermere design - Centennial  - I hooked and loved doing as the small designs were all different, I did not have a photo of the original design so some of it will differ due to my interpretation or a flower I did not understand (I do not garden)... and then I had some green wool done in two shades which I used for hte circles with overlap and the background was done in a light green with various colours and swirls for hooking technique.   
(When:  No date but I think it was about 13 or 14 years ago as I finished it when we were in Richmond Hill which was over 10 years now. - size is about 35" by 50")

Original Design - Birds of Ontario
I grew up with a bird feeder out our kitchen window and now feed many of these birds from my feeder here in Aurora.  We have blue jays (noisy), a couple of cardinals (male and female - boy the colour on her was hard I must have re-hooked it 3 times), yellow Orielles, a wood pecker, red-winged black birds, sparrows, chicadees, a few robins (now with the spring),  and finally the Canada Goose (I remember I disliked the feet on that fella!)  This hangs on our wall in the stairway going from 1st to 2nd floor.
(When:  2002 - started at Chantry maybe in a class with Ingrid Hieronimus - size is 36" x 52")

A picture I took and used for the Canada Goose is below but the feet were covered... so again the ugh on the feet!





No comments:

Post a Comment