Friday 29 April 2011

3 Hooked Houses we grew up in... Childhood, Ski Chalet, Teen years

Original Design:  Main St, Southampton
Ahhh the house we grew up in at 135 High St. in Southampton, the red colours are more vibrant in the photo than in the hooking.  Dad's Dr. Office was the side entrance and our main entrance was behind the house... if I recall someone (not me, another sibling) snuck out once through the bedroom window over top the porch too!  The living room windows have lead glass which I tried to show with embroidery thread.  This is now framed and has a parrot attached for the original owner who had a talking parrot I am told greeting people coming to his Dr's office).

Original Design:  Our Family Chalet in Kimberly, Ont. 
When:   1997  (size is 36" x 24")  Hangs in our front entranceway
I remember really disliking hooking the window under the front and the class instructor telling me to leave it and see, which I did and lo and behold it looks great!  See, wait and it may turn out versus ripping it out right away.  Just remembered it was Edit Dunlop that year who was so sage and understanding in her teaching me :-)  Patience is a virtue I am still learning how to deal with...

This was taken from a photo our our family getaway, an old farmhouse we used for skiing weekends at Beaver Valley when we were young children... Then into when Bill and I had our two boys and Mom/Dad extended the back of the house and we now have 2 bathrooms yay!  Jim and Laura spend a lot of time here now with their two children (Patrick and Caitlin), our boys went the hockey route taking time on all our weekends!  Skiing was sporatic for our family and now we make it up for day trips. 

Original Design:  Log House on Shore Rd, Southampton
When:  Hooked when we got married in 1991

Photo coming soon have to find it!




No comments:

Post a Comment