Thursday 21 April 2011

Emily Carr tribute - Kits Packaged by Rittermere

Having hooked since the early 1980s with my Mom, I can say I have done many many rugs but have many more to do... I like to try new things, design my own for the most part but like to do 'out of hte box' too. 

A few years back I wanted to try something different without having to design but to challenge me on re-producing Art and colours.  Well... did I pick a tough one!  Jeanne Fields had some licensed kits for Emily Carr which I was drawn to. 

I chose the first one and it ended up being my last one to finish I was so put off by the sunlight beams... Joan Cumins had done a version at Chantry which spurred me on.  In the meantime as you can see, I bought 2 more and extended the height to be the same as the totem pole so I could hang in my living room.  As a result when I was done, I had to re-paint and just about re-decorate our living room to suit the 3 Emily Carrs.  :-)  Why not?

This was a photo to show before we had them framed - Mom (Sybil) has a phenomenal (sp?) lady in Port Elgin (Debbie) who does an excellent job on artwork. 
As you can see by the next photo taken of the 3 Emily's framed (Thanks Mom) hanging in our newly re-decorated living room!  :-)   Size is 19" x 24" on two ends pieces and 14.5" x 24 on middle piece


Each hooked Emily Carr follows, these are truly 3 of my favorites!   See what you think...
"Painters and Painting"

"Sombreness Sunlit"

"Kitwanger Pole"

Check out the many more kits that Jeanne and Andrea have at the store. 

The version of "Sombreness Sunlit" from Joan Cumins is below:
Work in progress...
Finished:
Great job Joan!

No comments:

Post a Comment