Monday 26 August 2019

Hitting Reset for a new found love - QUILTING!!! oh boy... Quilt for Jody

Well I was looking online for things and ideas to hook and came upon Pat Sloan - a quilter who posts blocks and how to hints from her blog (and she has since moved on to videos).  I thought hey let's try this again - I took a course years ago with my sister-in-law Laura but it didn't stick. 

So here I go again, BUT BUT BUT I told myself keep it simple - no points!  HAHA right. 

Well my first big (queen size) truly my first attempt to quilt was for our son - he was just finished school and had gone away to Cancun in Feb 2017 for a trip with friends.  I started this project from current fabrics I had, I think it was just after Christmas, and finished it before he was back (1 week away) to put it on his bed for a surprise.  He walked into his room and said Wow which may have been from a clean room shock or the quilt, I will never know!



No comments:

Post a Comment