Monday 26 August 2019

A wedding quilt for Andrea and Daniel O'Brien August 2017

Well when you go at it full throttle why not look at a photo and just say OK I CAN DO THIS!  Well this would be my first with biased cuts!  A huge lesson here, I will hedge away from this lol.  The edges of the quilt were all bias so yes they did stretch - I ended up taking out many to cut down (my mistake, I did not know about the bias and stretching when you would sew on to the outside border).  It worked out - I sent it to a long-arm professional from The Quilt Store in Newmarket, it came out stunning!

We took it to the wedding gifted from our family - who knew quilting was so expensive not me!  Mom helped with the cost likley around $450 for materials and batting then $325 for long arm and lots of TLC and cursing :)
(Given to Andrea with some colourfast sheets and instructions). 

Andrea likes Jewel colours, this was all I knew but did love the outcome of the quilt I must say! FOR A BEGINNER!  Oh and I made 2 pillow cases to match.






No comments:

Post a Comment