Monday 26 August 2019

Getting my courage up... another quilt! Log Cabin pattern lap quilt


Alrighty then, I needed to get some more practice in so I bought the book for Log Cabin patterns and planned to make a lap quilt then for my hubby.  I laid out the blocks  and then sewed them together as directed.  I don't have the photo but this would be the first of many 'to be corrected' misplaced blocks lol  Anyhow I finished the lap size and was very pleased, presented it to Bill and LOL the feedback I received was it was too short for him (he is almost 6' tall and so he could not cover from neck to toes with this size - silly me.  I would research another style and put it on my project list.  In the meantime I was going to tackle making a quilt for my cousin's daughter's wedding!  Why stop at simple!   

But I digress - attaching the photos below... 

I love how it shows off 2 rug hookings my Mom did for me of both our boys sitting in front of their house in Southampton, Ontario (Canada!) overlooking Lake Huron (Jody in the red - you can see Chantry Island and Mike on the left you can see it looks just like him when he would throw rocks) XO! Mom!

Mom and Dad's dog Snoopy along with our Bauer give their approval!





No comments:

Post a Comment