Friday 12 October 2012

A rug for Lesley - Home Sweet Home

Saddened by the news our friend was going to lose his battle with cancer, I started a rug of Mike and Lesley's house.  I was hoping to get it done for Christmas but Mike left us sooner than expected on Sept 17 :( 
The rus is 38"x26" hooked with 3-5cuts.  It's hard to see but on the railing of the porch is a cup of Mike's Tim Horton's coffee, and the chairs would not hook in well so I put in one on the left side between the white railings just poking over the top, the colour is different but unless you know the chair is there, well you get the idea... The red is a milk can, on top of the light by the door is a blob that is a bird's nest with 2 blue dots for eggs. 
The sunlight was on the right side, behind the house almost... so the roof was lighter in places and some of the hedge was lighter. 
I added yarn to the trees on the right to add depth and the bush beside the house is there but added as filler as I did not want to hook in the neighbor's house!  The funniest is the dog, I was originally going with the dog's head poking through the bush to get the ball, but it looked odd so I added the body and funnily enough the shape is like our little Cooper who loved Mike, would run to him when we met up on walks.  Mackenzie is Jill's dog and his head is almost at the top of the fence :-) but it was the idea that counted.  Much love went into this rug and I am very proud of the results, more important Lesley and Austin were all smiles over it!  Will miss you Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment