Sunday 6 November 2011

Chantry 2011 - My Pillow Tessellation Complete YAY!

Chantry 2011 - My Tessellation - Colour mapped to go in our living room with my other pillows and the Emily Carr's I hooked.  Turned out ok (a nice surprise) :_)

The tessellation was from a triangle, I then cut out on one side the tip to halfway an almost half circle then put that on outside of the same side of the triangle … on 3 sides you get the same result and can fit like a jigsaw puzzle.  With this design the biggest challenge was doing the 3 triangles in 3 colours so one touched the other… the colours did not exactly cooperate and repeat in a flowing colour scheme.  The middle was from a plaid orange over-dyed by Karen Kaiser I picked up during the class.  Nice touch Ingrid…

18" x 18" with black backside and 2 buttons

next up - hmmmm not sure… :-)

Look close and you will see in our living room some other home-made things… Find the stained glass pillow with sunflowers (Linda Sullivan's class), the photo with the butterfly by my Dad, 3 Halloween Punched coasters, a punch sunset from the class by Sybil Mercer (aka Mom), a totem pole (framed by Sybil & Don aka Mom & Dad)… + the infamous Emily Carr's centre piece to the room!


No comments:

Post a Comment