Wednesday 1 June 2011

Our journey continues - Live, Laugh, Love

Original Design:  Our Journey Continues
When:  March 2010 (Size - 12"l x 15"w ... I think as it was given away as a gift!)


In 2010 we had several team members from IBM who were displaced in positions and were moving on.  One co-worker was a trooper and had in fact had surgery for carpal-tunnel on both wrists, is always positive and smiling in her ways... well I just had to make her a small rug for her departure from IBM with her personality in mind.

I came up with colours of the 4 seasons, earthy tones as Shajia is very much down to earth and a loving/giving person in all her ways.  The middle blocks - south block is Summer, north is Fall, west is Spring and east is Winter.  I then added the 3 familiar L's for Live, Laugh, Love... and in the bottom left a leaf for the 'earth' to live by and the bottom right 'fish' for nurturing your family through love or other means. 

I would do this rug again in the same colours... :-) To me it brings out feelings of peace and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment