Monday 16 May 2011

Celebrating Mother's Day 2011

May 7, 2011 - Off to visit Mom in Southampton last weekend, we had a wonderful long weekend with just Cooper and I making the short 2.5 hour trip.  Dad was fishing with his buddies and on our home front, Mike was working and Bill was off to the farm to prep our boat and visit with his parents with Jody. 

I snapped many many photos while at Mom's and will post up various over the next several weeks, rugs rugs rugs, great way to inventory those lying around and in storage.  I also had fun sorting over Mom's treasures in her stash of drawers in the craft room, talk about making me motivated to do some spring hooking or purses when I got back to the city!

Here are two sets of Mom-daughter rugs which I fondly post.  The first is from a course Mom and I took together in 2000with a theme of Flowers and Butterflies, where and the teacher escapes me but I will email Mom to ask. 
The second set of rugs was a fun project that oddly everyone asked if it was my parents, and NO it was not, but you will smile when you check them out. 

Original Designs:  Butterflies n Flowers - Hooked by Sybil and Barb
Both rugs were designed by Sybil and we hooked them in a class together, what fun! 
When:  2000 (Teacher of the class tba as I forgot) 
Size:  Aprox 3ft x 3ft - First rug is Barb's, Second rug is Sybil's



Original Designs:  Bathing Beauties
Designed to represent all the tourists who come to the Long Dock beach in Southamption over the years to enjoy our sun and bask in the sun no matter the age 
When:  2000
Size:  Aprox 2ft x 3ft
The designs are not supposed to represent my parents but I must say that the man looks an awful lot like Dad, the lady has a belly button ring and Mom does not like the water so it is not her by any means!!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment